View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 01:40 AM

Liked 5,549 Times in 1,153 Posts

My wife’s Uncle Dale grew up in Elberton, Ga and as a kid would stop by a pawn shop on his way home from school several times a week. One day in 1955 he found this 1916 Luger and a long barreled Artilley Luger. He had the money saved up and asked his dad to go with him to purchase it and he left with the Luger, 1917 dated holster, tool, and two magazines and $25 less in his account. He now wishes he had gotten the Artilley Model. I think he said it was the same price. This one was issued during WWI to 2.M.C. R.158 or 2nd Machine Gun Company, Regiment No. 158. This was a Prussian regiment, originally, “7.Lothringisches Infanterie Regiment, established on 31 March 1897 in Paderborn, Germany. At the outbreak of the Great War, the 158th was assigned to the 13th Infantry Division, VII Corps, 2nd Army. In March, 1915 the 158th was transferred to the 50th Division and remained with them until the end of the war. The combat record of the 158th is very interesting. It was part of the Imperial German element that invaded Belgium fighting in both Champagne and Artois prior to its transfer to the 50th Infantry Division. After joining the 50th, the 158th fought in Verdun-Vaux, Argonne, Aisne, St. Quentin, Aisne, Rheims, Meuse and was in the Meuse area at the Armistice. I am now the proud owner of this one.

Last edited by jsfricks; 08-10-2018 at 01:41 AM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: