View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 05:27 AM

Liked 2,433 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribwizzard View Post
Have you found a model and configuration that just fits you like a glove, hits what you aim at, and you regard the most perfect handgun in the world?

If so, what model is it?

If not, what is your major complaint with current designs?

Me, I like my 686+, 3".

For Revolvers, I would have to say that the 586-1 is the best shooting S&W I have ever fired, and I have had some good ones over the years. I believe it has had some work on the trigger, and the grips feel perfect in my hand. The 4" underlug barrel balances everything perfectly.

I have several Semi-Autos to choose from, but right now I would say that this 1911 is the one that I like the best. It is a COLT Series 80 that a previous owner sent in to Wilson Combat, had the stock internals gutter and replaced with all Wilson parts.

It was also dehorned for carry, the front sight has an Orange insert around the tritium insert, so it shown up very nicely.

Trigger pull is outstanding.

And it is as accurate as it should be with all of the work that has gone into it.

It is a very long story about howI had to chase this one down as it eluded me one time, but I was ultimately able to acquire it.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

I also recently picked up a drop-in threaded Storm Lake Barrel, as I want to get a can for it at some point.

IMG_0723.jpg

Both of these guns are tack drivers.

I do not carry the 586, but the 1911 conceals very easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Like Post: