View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 06:28 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by growr View Post
The keys for the internal lock above the cylinder release.
Moon clips (full, not 1/2 or 1/3) are still the fastest way to load 6 and eject 6. I use a 625 JM in USPSA/IDPA matches with NO issues at all.

Some (even on this forum) will tell you that moon clips are a major pain... that you are so much better off using .45 Auto Rim casings...not so at all.
Many home made tools for unloading the clip....I use the California Comp de-mooning tool that is in the Dillon Blue Press to do that...every squeeze kicks out two empties.

I just use a regular pair of pliars open to the widest setting to load them....Easy Cheesy!

Randy
Agreed! Full Moon's are fantastic. T.K. Custom's moon clips are stellar and even the 20+ I got off of Amazon have been great for the range!

I got an Original Precision demooning/loading tool and it is AWESOME! It's so well thought out and handy it makes loading the clips easy and unloading even easier... just about anywhere!

J.D. makes some really nice accessories for you new piece OP! And if you ever want to get rid of that lock... his lock deletes are the best I've seen/used. I have 3 of them.
https://www.originalprecision.com/lo...ete-parts.html

Last edited by HamHands; 08-10-2018 at 06:31 AM.