View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Liked 29,292 Times in 13,849 Posts
Default I second that motion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by old&slow View Post
Might want to check your OAL.
Sounds like your bullet may be jamming into the rifling / chamber.

I have a Glock and a CZ that have 'short chambers' and with some different bullet shapes / ogives the bullet will jam into the rifling.
I usually don't have any problems with RN bullets. But have had problems with Truncated Cone Flat Nose bullets.

Might want to do a 'plunk test ' on your bullets. Take the barrel out of the firearm and drop a round in the chamber to see if it goes flush into the chamber.
When the bullet chambers, it gets jammed in the rifling and when you clear it, you pull the bullet.

I had about a thousand 9mm RN buillet. The site didn't call them small ball and I didn't realize that's what they were. They WILL NOT WORK if they are even a hair over 1.06". A round nose bullet sctually has a taper to it so it can be longer and not hit the lands at the mouth of the chamber. But small ball are REALLY round nose shape, as in spherical and can't protrude a bit into the the chamber so they are wider, quicker and they will catch on the lands. If you keep them 1.06" MAX they will run like a top. If this is your problem, I give you a free gift of this advice. It really had me messed up for a long time. I'd been reloading for years until I got into semi guns and this really shook my confidence.

You MAY have some inconsistency if you use mixed brass, too. Some case walls are thick and some are very thing. The thinner ones won't size to the same internal diameter.