View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencheever View Post
I received my letter from the S&WHF and it confirmed every detail of my gun, from the barrel length, finish, grips, level 4 engraving, Oscar as the engraver, and ship date.

The one thing that really caught my eye is that the middle digit of the serial number was wrong. The paperwork and pictures, submitted to S&WHF clearly stated the correct number but the letter was incorrect.

I contacted S&WHF using the email on their website but haven't heard anything for three days. There are 8 names on the contact list and only the one email. I'm not sure it's getting to the right person.

Does anyone hear have any ideas on how else to make contact? Maybe I'm just being impatient.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a typo and it will get resolved in due time. One interesting fact is that the gun was delivered to Mr. Lew Seely with no address listed. Makes me wonder, did he pick it up from the factory or maybe asked for the address not to be recorded. Maybe he had no address.

A quick search shows a Mr. Lew Seely that was a resident of Natrona County Wyoming at the same time my family lived in the area. Mr. Seely was a member of the Natrona County Pioneer Association in 1901, appointed Marshall in 1901, and Councilman in 1904. He also served as generalissimo of the Apollo Commandery Knights Templar #8. Not sure if there is any connection, but it's intriguing and something I can further pursue.
More than likely, Roy just made a typo (it happens). A very heartfelt and sincere congratulations on that find and if you ever decide to part with it, please consider me as one of the interested people. Calling "dibs" on spot #1 of the list when and / or if you ever decide to part with it.

Last edited by model3sw; 08-10-2018 at 04:53 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: