View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Liked 1,509 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveform View Post
OK - thanks for the replies. Most of my revolver experience is with Rugers and they rattle like an old Model T so I'm accustomed to hearing a little rattle and assumed all revolvers did so. The subject came up in conversation and my thinking was challenged on the matter which planted a little seed of doubt..... Interesting to learn it's the "hammer block" that rattles in a S&W. In Rugers it's usually the "transfer bar". Are we talking about the same thing here just a different name?
Are you prepared to receive a 5000 word dissertation from the Pro’s here? (Of which I am not one). I believe the ‘short answer’ to your question would be Nossir. But the rattle is almost definitely the hammer block, and this is completely normal. I also think the mechanics of Rugers and S&W’s are like apples and oranges, but again, don’t listen to me because a Guru will be along shortly...

Edited to say- I am not being smart alleck. I was born mechanically uninclined, but learn every time The Gurus speak. So I hope they do.

Last edited by Mr.Harry; 08-10-2018 at 08:28 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: