View Single Post

Old 08-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Liked 9,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hemi View Post
Always keeping an eye out for an Artillery Luger, doesn't have to match, just shoot so I can then get an aftermarket stock to snap on it! I wonder why the BATF allows aftermarket stocks for lugers, but it has to be a period correct stock for the Inglis HP?
I think the BATF has changed the rules again, and you now have to have an original shoulder stock for the Luger pistol for it to be excluded from NFA rules. Plus not just any original mfg Luger pistol stock. In some instances the language on the 2018 updated C&R list Section III gives very precise model and variation (and in one case numerical dimentions) of the proper stock which may only be attached to a certain Luger pistol and not be in violation of NFA regs if not registered.

All the other shoulder stocked pistols on the list (Steyr, Inglis, Colt, Mauser ect) they all state 'original mfg' stock too. I do not see the once listed notations about repro stocks of authentic style and dimentions being acceptable any more.

I would check directly with the BATF Technology Div for an even better up to date ruling. Old letters and ruling mean nothing if they are over ruled and out dated. It's easy to get sideways of NFA.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...-2018/download.