View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 04:03 AM

Liked 534 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
The grip is to narrow and I need to work on grip strength
What grips are on the gun? Rubber three-finger grips, aka "Uncle Mikes" or possibly magnas? If the latter, then a Tyler-T grip adapter might do the trick. They're both about the same thickness overall, but the magnas seem to be thicker throughout their length, while the Uncle Mikes narrow a bit at the top and bottom. The Tyler-T doesn't add any width to a set of magnas, but still gives you more to hold onto. My model 60-7 came with a set of Uncle Mikes, but I prefer the feel of the Tyler-T/mangas combination. Plus, it's more pocketable that way. See below:

J frame shoots low-model-60-7_left-side-jpg

J frame shoots low-model-60-7-magnas-tyler-t-jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
I did not shoot any 158gr because my carry ammo is Winchester Ranger 130gr+P bonded and The range did not have any SWCHP 158gr.
Save the jacketed hollowpoints for your semi-autos. Of course, that's just my opinion, but J-frames and K-frames alike were originally designed around 158 grain lead bullets. And while there are many good modern JHPs to choose from in general, I tend to think that revolvers and old school lead bullets go together like a horse and carriage. It's hard to beat a 158 grain lead semi-wadcutter hollowpoint for self-defense – the "FBI load". The major commercial ammo manufacturers have watered their FBI loads down, but Buffalo Bore and Underwood both make such a bullet that will do about 1050 fps out of your snubnose 38 spl revolver. They also make hardcast 158 grain SWCs that beat out any JHPs for defense against wild animals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model 60-7_left side.jpg (19.4 KB, 835 views)
File Type: jpg Model 60-7 with magnas and Tyler-T.jpg (115.8 KB, 843 views)

Last edited by SeamasterSig; 08-11-2018 at 04:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: