View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 09:32 AM
US Veteran

Liked 8,688 Times in 2,312 Posts

Thanks for the post. I had never seen or heard of Korth until today. You can never stop learning. That said I work in Germany at least 1x a month and will look into finding one for sale there. I probably can''t afford one but I could at least look at one. Germans can't but firearms like we can. I am not exactly sure of their laws but the EU is very anti gun for the average citizen. I also work in for an aerospace "investment casting" and machining company and it's very interesting to see the difference in philosophy and attention to detail in their work. While Americans and British tend to concentrate on function and form to meet a specific need Germans seems to "over engineer" everything to perfection and then price accordingly. The results
are guns like a Korth vs a S&W or a Porsch vs a Corvette, a GE washer vs a Bosch. They make great products, often over engineered for what they need to do, but that's part of their philosophy. I would say having worked with them for over 2 years its built into their DNA. They just don't want to do things for profit only or "good enough" based on price point. The good thing is it's a small world now and we have options of buying things from all over the world. Cheap Chinese items to Mid priced American items to high priced German or Swiss items as examples. If you admire build quality then looking at Germans products makes perfect sense. I am not sure they get much better. Thanks again for sharing.
John 1:17
NRA Life Benefactor

Last edited by mbliss57; 08-11-2018 at 02:47 PM.