Thread: 6165165156
View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 09:49 AM

Liked 321 Times in 151 Posts

I wouldn't because I think there are better choices for a car gun that don't cost much more.

I keep a Glock in my truck because if I need it it fits the bill. I can easily replace it if I need to. In that circumstance I'd rather have 15 rounds of 9mm than 5 or 6 rounds of 38 Special. Also I feel no love for any Glock. I'd be mad if it was stolen but wouldn't cry over losing it.

I see a truck gun as something for emergency use when I didn't have a more preferred handgun available. Where I live that means a people problem. If I'm in my truck that means other vehicles might be in play. I've shot old cars w a 9mm, a 45 and other cartridges. Until you get to a 44 or 357 using FMJ ammo the 9mm penetrates better. A 9mm is easier to control w 1 hand than either of those two. Also I might have to drive w one hand and shoot with the other. A 9mm is the best BALANCE of effective and easy to shoot w 1 hand. If I'm having to shoot and drive I'm not going to be as accurate as I would be in a solid shooting stance using both hands. Capacity w/o reloading is a factor.

For a truck gun simple is good. Glock is simple. Also reliable trumps pinpoint accuracy. Unmolested Glocks are reliable and have acceptable accuracy even though I shoot other handguns better.

A reliable Rossi is an ok handgun. Unless the cost of a used Glock busts your truck gun budget I'd go w a used Glock.