View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Liked 197 Times in 119 Posts
Default Answer Too Late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsNParadise View Post
I have seen a few comments on here that some of you have one of the new M&P 380 Shield EZ’s. I have put 200 rounds thru mine, all with Winchester White Box. I have had quite a few stovepipes of the last live round of the magazine. Could be me, could be those obviously lightweight springs, could be the mags but just could be the WWB. Maybe it just doesn’t like that ammo. I use the 2 factory mags the EZ came with and always clean and lube it properly. Not too upset by it, I also have a, new to me, Shield 9mm, love it.
But just wondering what you might have tried that works well in your Shield EZ?
ETA - asking for range ammo. Not gonna carry this until it gets more reliable, either I figure it out, S&W does or I trade it for something else.
My wife's EZ is fantastic! S&W really did their market research (checking who is using the ranges) and developed a pistol, I believe mostly for the ladies that no one else did.
Read on the forum about "heavy loads" were causing the fired case and a live round to be ejected.
So, I tried the SD rounds we use for that pistol__Underwood's +P Defensive, that uses the solid copper fluted Lehigh bullet. No problems whatsoever.
For practice I mostly use Freedom Munitions FMJ for her 380 as well as all of my 9mm pistols. For practice any of the FMJ European ammo is OK_ a little hotter than our SAMMI ammo. Price for practice trumps brand although Winchester WB_ no. Too many complaints about it.
I prefer__in 9mm practicing with 124 gr. over 115 gr.
I normally purchase with LE discount so that's always a consideration in choice.
I don't think any high quality pistol should show problems with any high quality ammunition.
And, I'm aware of the EZ recommending no +P. However her's is
loaded (for carry) the Underwood Defensive +P. I've tested if for functioning and it's fine. We don't practice with +P.
G'luck and stay safe.
And I recommend a little paranoia too. It's kept me safe. There just may be a perp behind that __whatever.
Poli Viejo