View Single Post

Old 08-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
I will purchase some 158gr SWCHP ammo soon. The only lead I’ve put down range in 50+ years was from a 50cal musket and wadcuters from a 3” Rossi revolver (target shooting only). All my revolvers in the past were for hunting or Duty carry(issued hollow points).
I look forward to trying 158gr ammo for the J frame now that the shooting low issue has been put to rest.

The gun came with(I believe )Hogue black combat grips just like what is pictured on your 60-7.The length is fine. They are just WAY to THIN and NARROW! I don’t have to get rubber grips. Wood would be fine,they just need to be FAT to fit my large paws(have never had issues until the J frames). The other issue I had was that the trigger guard was beating the H—- out of my knuckle.
I will take all ideas into consideration. I don’t want to spend $60 on grips to find out they don’t fit and can’t return them.
Thanks again for all the input!

Be SAFE and shoot often!
Yeah, finding grips that work the best for you is kind of a pain. I've been through a few so far. The Pachmyrs might work for you...... They're on the thicker side of things.....

In fact, if you want, I'd trade you my pachmyrs for your Uncle Mikes...... I've never tried them and may like them..... The pachs are practically brand new. I had one shooting session with them and had them on for maybe a month. Then took them off.

Last edited by ABPOS; 08-12-2018 at 01:53 PM.