View Single Post

Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Liked 711 Times in 260 Posts

It just happened to be sitting on the bottom shelf of my little Vermont LGS, in his display case all alone between rows of plastic fantasticks and a couple of alloy revolvers with neon colored pink and green grips. I had been following a few Mark IVs on GunBroker and watching Hickok45 and 22Plinkster YouTubes about them into the wee hours of the morning for a few weeks (that's my usual prepurchase routine as I ramp up to take the plunge) and had only stopped in to inquire about the possibility of ordering a Mark IV Competition model. I honestly did not expect to see one in that shop. The Ruger sign in the window drew me in. So...while I found mine totally by accident, they are out there.

While I think I would have preferred the iron front sight on the Competition model over the hi-vis sight of the Hunter, and despite being right handed, I preferred the Hunter's more symmetrical stock grips over the Competition's stock grips with the left side thumb rest. Each Model of the Mark IV had a detail I wanted and a detail that detracted. That was my dilemma (talk about luxury problems!), but I think adding a red dot sometime in the future will make the larger front sight of the Hunter a moot point at the distances I like to use a target pistol.

Last edited by Boudiepitbull; 08-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.