View Single Post

Old 08-14-2018, 04:31 AM

Liked 657 Times in 340 Posts

Underwood states on their site that neither the normal velocity or the +P 158 gr will foul the bbl. So unless someone has first hand experience with this ammo and you can believe Underwood, than you would clean your bbl the same way you would for a regular non lead bullet.
Years ago I shot lead wadcutters in a 3” bbl Rossi revolver and cleaned it as I would a metal jacketed bullet with no issues.

8/14@8:27pm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!! I can edit but unable to post.When I go to post on i-pad the screen goes to micro print except for pictures.

I said I would post reply from UNDERWOOD AMMO,so here we go. “We base all of our 38 Special velocities from a 3” barrel with the exception of the 158gr Kieth Load that we use a 6”BBL.”
All the following specs “Should perform well from as short a BBL as 1 7/8” BBL.”

“Item# 735 (158gr non plus P)Should have around or higher than 184ft/lbs with a velocity around or higher than 725fps with a 1 7/8” BBL”

“Item# 733 (158gr+P)Should have around or higher than 269ft/lbs with a velocity around or higher than 875fps with a 1 7/8” BBL” THAT’S IT!

If you read the reviews on their web sight for the +p load one post places the fps and ft/lbs about the same as Buffalo Bore ammo.

Those that use the SWCHP bullets, which is the best company?
Underwood or Buffalo Bore or some other?
Hope someone can direct me on how to post again!

In response to two-bit cowboy, I had a 642. I carry AIWB so a hammer is no problem. A always had hammered equipped revolvers in case I had to make a shot up to or beyond 25 yard for hunting or Duty when precision was or might be required. Those days are behind me now but it’s a habit I enjoy. You never know when you might need that long shot.
Buy the way, I am seriously considering one of the grips you mentioned.thanks for the info and great pictures!

Be SAFE and Shoot often!

Last edited by Execpro; 08-23-2018 at 02:10 PM.