View Single Post

Old 08-14-2018, 10:47 PM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday 1950 View Post
I posted this question on a different forum & would like to include
the S&W forum in this question.

What would you want to carry for SD, a 357 in magnum revolver(6 or 7 shot) or a Glock 19 you can sub any pistol & any 357 in magnum for this discussion.

At this present time I'm going between my new & improved 686 + revolver & my G19 gen 4 &/or my G43. My G19 is by far an easier pistol to shoot with accuracy that my G43.

However, my 686 + with my new trigger job is now my first choice to carry 24/7
even though its a monster to carry. My feelings are quality always trumps quantity no matter what your weapon de jour is.

As always, all responses are welcome.
Since you asked the question about SPECIFIC guns, I will give you a SPECIFIC answer.

First, I would eliminate the g43 because it's NOT the one you shoot best - by your own admission. That should be the first consideration in your decision: WHICH DO I SHOOT BEST?

Now that you're down to the 686 or glock 19, it seems that you favor the 686, but the question is...because you say it's a monster to carry ARE YOU LIKELLY TO ACTUALLY CARRY IT EVERYDAY? Be honest with yourself about this because edc stands for EVERY day carry. If the answer is "Yes", then your choice is pretty easy. And if you think you won't then I'd recommend going with the glock 19, and that's not a bad choice at all.