View Single Post

Old 08-18-2018, 06:50 PM

Liked 59 Times in 8 Posts

Just found this thread while searching for the issue. When I first field stripped my new M&P 2.0 3.6" the recoil spring lost compression and came off the muzzle end of the guide rod. There was a little bend at the end of the spring, (yellow end) but it wasn't broken. Straightened it back out, but could not get the spring to reconnect to the guide rod end and "lock in". So after several minutes trying, Just placed the end in of yye spring in the hole in the seat at the end of the slide and worked the guide rod in and through and locked it in place to the barrel, while carefully making sure not to let it slip. Fired a couple hundred rnds today with no issue, but not looking forward to disassembly knowing the trouble it will take to get that spring and rod lined up and connected again. I wonder if they just use the same spring from the "4 compact? Cause that thing sure was tough getting on that little guide rod for the 3.6".

This is my first M&P or striker fired pistol for that matter, but i already love it and it will take the place of my Dan Wesson Commander 45 as my edc. Should i just replace whole assembly? Is there something I'm missing? Wil it reliably run it as is?
Thanks

Last edited by Songcatcher; 08-18-2018 at 07:15 PM.