View Single Post

Old 08-23-2018, 05:07 PM

Liked 988 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clark View Post
Not attempting to start a war, (pun intented). just some food for thought.

On page 100 of the September edition The American Rifleman is the monthly article called: "I have this old gun...." And in the issue that I received yesterday the featured firearm is a FN Browning Model 1922. This is the same model that arguably started WWI on June 28, 1014. The Bosnian nationalist "fired twice at Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie, mortally wounding them."
I see "experts" saying the .380 is not a good carry arm, the minimum is ?????. In this case it was more than enough, and a .22 LR is more than enough a lot of times.
I'm not an expert, but I think it safe to say that whatever caliber that a person can handle safely and shoot well is the best carry gun for him or her.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

P.S. If you are not a member of the NRA and like to read about old firearms, now is a good time to join.

Copyright for the above mentioned article is owned by the National Rifle Association, 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030-9400
Is .380acp enough? The answer is a definite “sometimes”. If you like the odds, go for it.

No handgun caliber is a definite “always” though the .380acp is generally acknowledged to be on the low end of the acceptable spectrum.

Once you get out of the pocket gun category and come to grips with wearing a holster, there are definitely better options that increase the odds of bullet effectiveness.

Even in the pocket gun category, I am personally more comfortable with the power of a stoutly loaded J frame .38 or mid-range .357.
The Following User Likes This Post: