View Single Post

Old 08-23-2018, 08:33 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABPOS View Post
If it were me, I'd want to fire and I'd be wondering if it was just some simple burr or something in there too.

However, the converse is that you stated you doubt it's going to have a catastrophic failure. It's either going to fire or it won't. Just a though on this, if it's sticking during the trigger pull, it COULD fire unlocked or not fully locked and not line up properly. That could cause something bad. Damage to the forcing cone. Or worse.

I'm no expert and take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. But if you're saying it's sticking, there may be some wisdom in what I'm saying.

You be the judge.

You could double check that once you CAN pull the trigger if it's actually locking up every time. It's pretty easy to tell. You can hear the hand / bolt drop in. On mine it's pretty evident to hear before the hammer drops. I know you can't see the hammer but you can hear that too.
I do understand what you are saying and all indications (so far) are that the mechanism is working exactly as it should work when the trigger does not lock-up on me. When the trigger does lock-up, nothing happens. There is no discernible partial movement of anything... so I don't think there is much chance that the gun might fire without the cylinder being properly locked into firing position.