View Single Post

Old 08-24-2018, 12:45 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

I fondled one a few months ago and I about died after pulling the trigger. It was light and smooth. Probably one of the best DA pulls I've felt.

I'm totally interested in them, but I'm skeptical as to how long they will last. I have not heard a lot of interest in them and it seems like they're not pumping them out overly fast that people are getting many. Meaning I don't hear of people owning the and shooting them much at all.

I have an older detective special and LOVE the weight and size. But mine has always given me problems with function and I've never sent it off anywhere to fix the timing. And it has been a really frustrating experience. I don't shoot it well and I'm not completely certain it's out of time. I think it is though. And the newest thing is it sticks sometimes. If it worked right, I would not long for another type of defensive gun. Although I think a J frame is better for pocket carry. But the DS fits in the same holsters and I actually prefer the extra bit of weight for recoil management. I also prefer Colt's take down lever. It's not in the way and it's really hard to accidentally push it. AND you get the extra round.

But like I say... none of those upsides mean anything since it doesn't really function properly. And finding people to work on it is not all that easy, and it's costly.

I don't mean to derail the thread, or talk about stuff that isn't forum worthy, but I'm curious as to how you like the new Cobra.

Last edited by ABPOS; 08-24-2018 at 12:47 PM.