View Single Post

Old 08-25-2018, 08:47 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,109 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
I'm hoping you guys can help me a little with a Victory Model I saw today. 4" barrel, .38 S&W Special marking, the serial # is V24xxxx with the V directly in line with the serial number instead of on the other side of the lanyard loop. Unfortunately I can't recall the rest of the serial number (should have written it down, I know). There is an ordnance mark on the bottom in front of the lanyard loop, but there are no markings at all on the top strap. I looked hard to make sure it wasn't simply faint, but there's nothing there. There is a hand-stamped rack number on the RH side of the frame and it wears "trench art" grips. There is also another set of stamped letters on the back of the strap but they are impossible to make out. The finish is worn and looks just like all the others posted here. Does it sound legit enough to go back for a second look?
I have V241925 and the V is left of the loop. Flaming bomb only and lettered as shipped to the Navy 2/26/1943. I'd go for it if the other s/n's match. Be sure to post some pix if you get it.

If the back strap stamp is a V followed by one or two more letters then one to three numbers it likely from a Naval Air squadron. Whatever they are it adds to the revolvers history. Take a penlight and magnifying glass with you.

Last edited by chiefdave; 08-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.