View Single Post

Old 08-27-2018, 04:02 PM

Liked 3,028 Times in 1,260 Posts

It all depends on the situation I guess. If by myself, and only thinking of myself, I'm OK with my old model 60 but I'd probably be OK with my P3AT 380 too,,,,most times.

Should the SHTF somewhere in public, and I could have been more effective as an armed citizen (retired LEO) in protecting the lives of others if I was better armed, and could have been, then that would be tough for me to live with.

It really isn't any harder or more uncomfortable to carry a single stack 9mm with a couple of spare mags, a much better option although really still minimal. It's not much more difficult to carry a Glock 19 or whatever the Smith equivalent is. I don't have a G19 so I substitute G23, although 40 isn't "popular" anymore. A decent compact 1911 with a couple of spare mags is a good option too.

Yeah, a J frame is nice and easy to carry but are you being selfish if that's all you have on you when you have better options? I feel a little irresponsible when I wuss out and carry the little single stack 9 (Shield, G43, PF9) which I confess to doing too often.

Today I'm a little embarrassed to admit I was carrying Taurus PT111G2 9mm in a cheap Galco AIWB and a spare mag (that's 25 rounds with the quick reload). The G23 got put in the safe and the Taurus is my semi-disposable truck gun, although it really shoots OK.

I live in hot, humid S. FL and even here it really isn't that hard to carry a little more gun. I do every day. The 380s and air weight J frames are for going for walks in shorts and Ts (or working in the woods killing pepper trees). Oh, and BTW, the snubbie J frames with snake shot work great on snakes. At 5' or so mine patterns at 6"- perfect.

So, I'm sorry if I sounded critical and I realize I'm in the small minority but that's my opinion.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: