View Single Post

Old 08-27-2018, 05:50 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
...it is until it isn't....

Shots Fired: Palm Desert, California 03•30•1996 - Article - POLICE Magazine

Now you can say this was an off-duty LEO but lets just say instead this is your daughter and her ex-husband....can your snubbie with your level of skill handle this....and the officer involved never carried a snubbie OD again and preached this to others...and he even hit the guy 4 GOOD times out of 5 shots fired.... I personally know two LEOs who got in gunfights with snubbies and neither ever carried one again...learn from the mistakes of others...

Go over to YouTube and LiveLeak and look at the robbery and gunfight videos...and then be honest with yourself...will a snubbie hack it...

I carry a small gun when I CAN'T carry a larger one...not when it is "inconvenient" to carry the large one...

Bob
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, and I totally get the insistence on carrying a bigger gun. But your examples of two guys that would not carry a j frame anymore, are somehow alive to tell us that. If I were in a gunfight, I'd want more too. Always. But therein lies the rub. We sacrifice some capacity for portability, to be there all the time. Because we don't get in gunfights all the time. But if I were in gunfights all the time, there's no way I'd get up in the morning and think a J frame is all I'd ever need.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: