View Single Post

Old 08-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Liked 3,028 Times in 1,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by max503 View Post
I would love to have a hi cap 9mm but darn it, I just can't buy every thing I want. Next time I go to STL I'm taking my usual S&W 638 AND my Taurus 605.
Why did God give me two front pockets if He didn't want me to carry guns in them?
Or else I could put the S&W in a pocket and the Taurus on my hip.
Someone had the Taurus PT111G2 on sale the other day for right at $200. I won't claim it's the worlds best gun but they hold 12+1, have an acceptable trigger, and decent sights and reasonable combat accuracy. They are pretty light, carry well AIWB, feel good in the hand and seem to have a durable finish. I like them a lot when bought cheap but I essentially consider them disposable. Taurus won't sell many or most parts requiring a return to factory for repair. By the time you add shipping, parts and service you should probably just buy another one instead. It's a great gun if you have to lock it in your car frequently. If it gets stolen it's much less painful than having the nice Kimber, etc. go missing. Plus you don't cry when it gets scratched.

I'm not saying it's the best budget option but IMHO it's a very good budget option.

Last edited by oink; 08-30-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Clarity and intent