View Single Post

Old 09-01-2018, 09:18 AM

Liked 5,206 Times in 1,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luger9x19 View Post
Just pull down the follower enough so there is just enough room for the round. Let go so the round hits the feed lips. Then pull down again and slip in another round. Rinse and repeat until full.

I have been using my 25 rounds magazines for 5 years and thousands and thousands of rounds of every brand and I have never had any rounds jam in the magazine. In fact I have only had maybe 10 malfunctions of any kind in my rifle.

The reason you have to stagger the rounds is because of the rim of the cartridge does not allow them to stack on top of each other well. If the rim is on top of the rim, it causes the tip of the bullet to tilt down. With the rounds tilted downward they don't feed up to the lips in proper alignment.

The more rounds you put directly on top of each other magnifies the tilt. This is probably why you don't have the problem with the ten round magazines. (you should stagger the rounds in them too).

Let us know how your range trip goes.

Good luck and good shooting.
Take your time and load magazines per manual. If you follow the instructions above the rounds will automatically stagger.Would