View Single Post

Old 09-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
Wo can someone tell me, other than length, is the rod end retaining the spring different between the 4” and 3.6”?

I just find it difficult to believe that there is no issue with the 4” guide rod spring but now there are several reports of problems with the 3.6” spring. Is there that much more stress on the spring for the 3.6 since it has to do the same amount of work in less distance? Maybe that is just enough to exceed the strength of the rod spring end cap???

Disappointing as I bought the 3.6 to carry a lot and home defense. Now I have to womder about the long term integrity of the guide rod spring. Makes me womder of I should ask for a replacement to have on hand. Or wait until they fix the manufacturer defect in the spring.

I understand there will always be a small manufacturer failure rate. But the 3.6” model has not been out long and we already hace several reports of fsilire. They have not made that many of the 3.6” relatively. So the failure rate seems much higher than what would be expected for “normal” statistical failure rate.
Idk, this is my first M&P pistol. But I “think” they’ve fixed the issue. The replacement spring they sent me was different, it was just a single spring. The one that shipped with my 3.6 was a dual spring, and while that spring slipped off the end once I field stripped it, it didn’t cause my gun to malfunction.

Does the 4” have a dual spring assembly or just a single spring?

My 3.6 definitely feels better with the new single spring. I’m around 400 rounds no hiccups.