View Single Post

Old 09-06-2018, 01:49 AM

Liked 29,108 Times in 14,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpage View Post
First box of PGU-12/B I’ve ever seen in 20 years of collecting. Can we get a pic of the bullet ? PGU-12’s have an unusual crimp.
Both the rounds and the box are quite unusual. I have seen only one other box and it was from Lake City. A full box sure would make a great (and possibly singular) companion piece for anyone owning one of the USAF-marked Model 15s.

I have found out that Olin did indeed make some runs of PGU .38 Special for the USAF after the Lake City production ended and there were at least two different Olin box labels. It's possible that more details may follow if I find any additional information. The picture immediately above definitely shows it is PGU .38 Special. Note that the bullets are seated deeply with the case mouth crimped over the nose. That is how the bullet pull was increased enough to make the bullet nearly impossible to remove by hand. My original statement about the reason for making the bullets pull-proof is an absolute fact. I was not trying to pull anyone's leg.

Last edited by DWalt; 09-06-2018 at 02:10 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: