Thread: S&W 1917 DA 45
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2018, 05:37 PM

Liked 66 Times in 7 Posts

Just got off work and looked at the trigger it does not have groves and is definitely blued but everything else looks legit. It has grooved hammer non blued. Just hard to believe that i have a 100+ year old fire arm that looks this good and I assume is shootable. I would like to thank all for helping clear all this up. The DA 45 has so many different directions that I didn't know what I had and was also hard for me to believe it was that old. Also very nice examples you guys have of this fire arm. This is going to make a great handle down to the kiddos one day. For now though its dad's PB.

Last couple of questions I found were I could fire both .45acp and .45auto at todays standard loads is this true and safe. Or should I purchase a weaker round.

Also maybe a rough value and is this considered rare before I go running this thing like jack hammer.

Lastly I think I will take S&W up on the $75.00 authenticity offer and get some paper on it. would this gun be worth the $75.oo paper or just leave it as this.
The Following User Likes This Post: