View Single Post

Old 09-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Liked 5,796 Times in 1,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken158 View Post
Selecting an EDC and sticking with it makes much more sense then a rotation. With a rotation, you will always have lag time between knowing what is happening, processing it and putting your defense into action. Bad things process very quickly and the time it takes figuring out what your gun of the day is, where it is and how it operates can be very detrimental to your health. Seasonal or situational rotation can be an exception but at least, the same type of weapon should be considered. I have carried as a requirement of my job for 44 years for offensive and defensive reasons and believe me, CCW is not a hobby, something to make you look like a big shot or for fun... this is serious stuff and not all are capable of the responsibility.
I was just rotating a jframe, bulldog, n frame, and the k frame... same operation. But now I can just grab and go. But there is also something to be said of mastering different platforms. Same reason I keep educated and keep my body in shape. The gun is just a tool in the toolbox and I like to be well rounded. My brain health and being able to still physically fight an adversary approaching 50 is also important.

I do keep all my rotation similar though. There are zero manual safeties on any carry firearm I own.

Last edited by eb07; 09-07-2018 at 10:39 AM.