View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 09:27 PM

Liked 178 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwhit View Post
The first question to ask is why you want an AR-15 flashlight mount in the first place.

It disturbs balance of the weapon.

White light destroys your night vision.

Look to other ways of acquiring/illuminating your target.
I'm assuming he wants a light mounted to his gun so that he can properly use it for home defense. EVERY gun that is used for home defense, should absolutely have a white light mounted to it, if there is a way to mount a light. If its fairly modern, and the aftermarket has made abundant ways to mount a light, then in my professional opinion, you should take the time to research what is available, and then mount a quality light on your gun.

There I said it. If you are using a gun that could readily mount a white light, without one, I would argue that you are doing it wrong. And I have lots of experience, hands on experience in this arena, to back that up.

Next to my bed currently is an AR15, and a M&P 2.0 9MM. And BOTH of them absolutely positively have a white light mounted on them. And I wouldn't have it any other way. And I will scream from the roof tops for anyone that is listening, to put a darn light on your home defense guns if possible.

So that's probably why he wants a light on his home defense guns. Coincidentally, all of the best trainers in the industry advise that its a good idea. And its also the smart and prudent thing to do.

I am very passionate about this, as you can probably tell. I have been there, done that, in the DARK, with an armed assailant, and to say it sucked not being able to see would be an understatement. A light allows your brain to see that is going on, so it can formulate a strategy. Without light, well, you are not able to see as well, and get incomplete data to the brain, which is never good.

Last edited by bubbatime; 09-09-2018 at 09:29 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: