View Single Post

Old 09-11-2018, 01:11 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Joe, thanks for your post. You are right about one thing. This was and continues to be a historic event. Many people in high places wanted to see all former military firearms destroyed. Just having these historic guns available to be sold to ordinary folks like you and me is a political victory of great significance. I don't think that most of us think that if we are chosen to buy one of these guns that we are going to get a pristine collector's item that we can flip and double our money on. Nor do most of us think we may score a tack driving competition gun that we can start winning bullseye matches with. Rather, I think that if I were to buy one of these guns that I would be buying a slice of American history.

And remember, just mailing in the application doesn't obligate us to actually buy the gun that we may or may not one day be offered. But the way that I understand this particular lottery to work is that those folks who enter this year and who are not chosen this year will automatically be moved to the top of next years lottery (if there is a next year lottery). So it seems prudent to enter this years group or risk not even being in the running next year, or way down the list anyway.

Best Regards, Les
HI Les, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE THAT IT IS A HISTORIC EVENT, AND A GREAT MORAL VICTORY. ITS VERY WORTHWHILE, IN THAT RESPECT, TO TAKE PART IN IT...

THIS OL' SOLDIER WAS NOT THINKING LONG TERM. AT MY AGE, AND ENGAGED IN MY BATTLE AGAINST THE RAVAGES OF MY EXPOSURE TO AGENT ORANGE---I TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME, AND I DON'T BUY BUNCHES OF GREEN BANANAS.....

I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A WINNING NUMBER FOR A DECENT SPECIMEN...