View Single Post

Old 09-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

Reading the comments I see people are not looking at how often does a semi auto have a malfunction versus a revolver. I have a Rossi clone to the S&W 36 that in the 30 years I have had it I have never had the gun malfunction.

If a round doesn't fire in a semi auto then it has to be racked to clear the dud round where as the revolver same scenario just take another pull of the trigger for it to go bang. Yeah if you don't have both hands available then racking a SA slide to clear a misfire or jam can be quite a problem.

How about a safety malfunction? Much more prone to that with a SA than a revolver. Why? Revolvers basically don't have a safety to fail or get moved out of position.

SA are known for feeding problems and having a stove jam. How often does that happen with a revolver?
Okay a revolver can have a jam due to the bullet coming forward from the casing due to recoil and jamming the cylinder to the frame but how often does that happen? I shoot mostly just revolvers and in the past 30 years I have had that happen only once. The casing had a hair line crack in it.

HMMM A SA having a jam due to a magazine feed problem, Oh yeah I have experienced that more than a few times. How many times I have read where the magazine release button got hit and dropped the magazine. If the magazine doesn't get locked into position then what happens? Gee I have yet to read of that happening with a revolver.

Sorry but from my experience the revolver scores a nine for being safer and more reliable than a semi auto reliable/safety rating of a six in my book of experience.

Funny how some perspectives don't look at the whole picture. From my experience over many years the revolver is still the most reliable.

People say a Glock goes bang every time. From experience I know that is a myth.

I will continue to carry my revolver and the SA can sit in the safe.