View Single Post

Old 09-13-2018, 02:02 AM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

Back about 10 years ago I got a great deal on a 1980 Model 60 on consignment at my LGS/indoor range because the cylinder was hard to swing out and would bind. I knew the dealer I said something to him and he said, "Yeah, but ain't taking it apart and foolin' with it." Well, everything else check out and the price was really, really great, so I bought it. Turned out it was a combination of a burr on the yoke and the screw appeared to be a new standard side plate screw. So, after I found and knocked the little burr off with my knife blade and shaped the tip of the screw, I had a lovely well timed 1980 Model 60 that swung out nicely and locked up tight.

IIRC, the sharp squared off tip of the screw was making contact with the angled area of the yoke shaft. I always suspected that the previous owner buggered up the orginal screw and replaced it with a standard non fitted side plate screw. I suggest that before you go shortening the screw, use a file or stone and shape/round the tip a little bit.

HTH . . . good luck.

Last edited by Denver Dick; 09-13-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typo repair
The Following 3 Users Like Post: