Thread: 3914 DAO Issue
View Single Post

Old 09-13-2018, 03:48 AM

Liked 6,591 Times in 2,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
At the risk of getting farther off the original topic, this reminded me of a situation I ran into with my 1013 Project. One slide stop pin I was trying would start to back out after firing multiple 10mm rounds.

In comparing several levers' pins I was surprised to find the guide rod's plunger only contacts the upper portion on the pin's notch. The difference between a slide stop lever that is easy (too easy) to remove & one that is hard to remove is hard to discern in comparing their notches.

Yep, once you position the lever assembly in the "empty" frame in it's "installed" position, it's easy to see the orientation of the pin's notch and rod assembly's plunger in an assembled pistol.

However, consider that while the lever's pin is being inserted into and through the frame during reassembly, it's not necessarily in the same orientation as the pin is sliding across the rod's plunger ... at least until the lever is positioned to complete the installation (inner tab of the lever fitting inside frame window, and slipping the lever's plunger against and onto the front of the sideplate).