View Single Post

Old 09-13-2018, 07:17 PM

Liked 803 Times in 563 Posts

Sounds like I'm late but when I was looking for a smaller 9mm to be a new carry option one of the brands I sized up and shot the CZ75 compact with a safety so I could carry it cocked and locked and the lw decocker version ,, CDP or something like that and a Kimber stainless ultra 9mm was also in the rental group . I ended up buying a new Kimber ultra 9mm but I screwed up and let my wife shoot it and she claimed it as her new EDC benching her m&p9c .

So I was still looking for a small 9mm when I found a deal on a colt lw wc commander in 45 . Ok money gone so I went to the gun safe and pulled out my s&w 669 to see how it sized up again . The 6906 has better sights but if the rest of it is the same as mine I would buy the S&W . I had forgot how nice is was to shoot too . I really like the wide smooth radiused and very polished trigger over the CZ . With a round chambered I racked the slide back about a 1/4" back to set that trigger to a shorter DA pull . SA pull is real nice 3lb 4oz and for me lends it self the sweeping the trigger as the take up has 2lb 2oz of pressure to it so very little pressure is needed to fire when in SA mode when shooting quickly and if your a trigger rider the reset is nice and short and far better than a the stock cz's I have shot . So my small 9mm carry is the s&w 669 again , my edc is a p320compact 40 with thinner small grip module and I will carry the commander on occasion . All get carried in a comp-tac neutral in the same p250 compact hybrid holster as there were very few p320 holster at the time . I bought my old comp-tac iwb hybrid 15 years ago for a kahr and still use the leather half today .

Also the s&w 669 is more than accurate enough for its size and with some slow 150gr rn I loaded is capable of some very good groups for a 3.5" barrel , I understand how the s&w 38sp wadcutt pistol is still highly wanted .

Last edited by hardluk1; 09-13-2018 at 07:34 PM.