View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 11:57 AM

Liked 534 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by typetwelve View Post
I know you weren't directing this at me directly, but I'll reply none the less.

For me, it's space. We have a very small house and I simply do not have the space for a "proper" reloading setup.
While a full-blown rock solid bench would be nice, you don't need one to reload. The Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Reloading Stand, which can be found online, packs a lot into a relatively small package. It takes up little room, yet provides enough space to get the job done, it's surprisingly stable, and can be easily folded up and stored in a closet. You will, however, need some shelf space for powders, bullets, primers, clean brass, etc.

I recommend this particular folding bench out of personal experience. I bought one several years ago when I first got into reloading and mounted a Hornady single-stage press on it. And while I still fully intend to step up to a full-sized bench someday, this folding bench suits my needs well enough that a "proper" bench is no longer an urgent need.

If you really want to reload, there's no time like the present, because despite your intentions your next house may check all the right boxes, but nevertheless lack an ideal space for reloading, which is the situation I found myself in while house-hunting - and I had no intention of letting a good deal slip through my hands because of something like that. So you might as well make the most of what you've got now (assuming you can spare about 3 square feet of floor space where you can concentrate undisturbed on the task at hand).

Last edited by SeamasterSig; 09-14-2018 at 12:18 PM.