View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

To the OP. Impressive collection.

This is my take on stocks. There is no good solution.

Magnas look the best on pretty much every gun. But they are harder to hang onto when shooting.

Tyler T's help, but depending on gun and recoil, still might not be the best set up due to hand slippage on the wood, having nothing to do with the Tyler T's. They just make it way more comfy.

Rubber grips are the best for shooting. But most are ugly as an ugly can be. Especially on a blued gun. And I mean the K frame square butt Pachmyrs, oh my goodness those things are hideous. IMHO. And like someone pointed out, rubber stocks may cause issues as a carry gun.

The K frame G10 grips are still kind of ugly to me. And the newer materials don't look right on an older gun. The round butt ones are better looking.

And Laminated wood ones look really good to me, but the one I have is smooth and waaaaaay to slippery. However, a guy on another forum said to try surfers wax on a smooth wood grip.

Round Butt combats are the best looking, but there again with the smoother wood. Might still need something to hang on to them better.

And then there is the size of the grip and finger grooves....... Do they all fit us all. Ugh.

My Colt Detective Special is about the best of all worlds to me. The checkering covers more of the grip and will stay put a lot when shooting. I use a Tyler T with it and I think it looks great. So to me, this these are the best stocks. I just wish I could feel the same way about a smith and wesson type. Because I like Smith's better for shooting.

If surfer's wax does in fact work, that would tick all the boxes for me. Because the best looking grips are wood ones and combats being the best looking.

So now who's obsessive? LOL.

I do like how you're going about it. I like the plan of 6 more guns with Stag grips. I've never tried them but I think they look the best and have a possibility of being better to hang onto than wood? Possibly? Especially ones with some deeper texturing.

Last edited by ABPOS; 09-14-2018 at 01:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: