View Single Post

Old 09-14-2018, 04:57 PM

Liked 1,342 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
I’m not familiar enough with these guns to tell what I’ve got. I opened the bolt and looked but I didn’t see anything that looked like a stamped or welded part. This gun is in near new condition. Has a total of four mags, and at least 200 rounds of factory hollow points as well as another couple of hundred rounds of ball ammo. It’s so slick handling that I almost hate to part with it. But, I have a late model Mini 14 that’s undoubtedly more accurate and hard hitting. It’s also heavier. At my age, heavy is not a good thing. Maybe I should dump the Mini and keep the M1 C.
Can anyone post a picture of an old and new version or just one of them that I could compare?
I would test the two back to back to see which one is more accurate.The early Mini 14s are notorious for not being very accurate.

If it was me, I would choose the carbine over the mini 14 if the carbine was an older one and in good shape. You can always get another mini 14 and the new ones are supposed to be far better accuracy wise.

It also depends on what you are doing with them. If just an occasional range round then keep the carbine. If it's going to be hunted with or possibly beat up keep the 14.