View Single Post

Old 09-15-2018, 12:44 AM
Banned

Liked 414 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoppcop View Post
Great thread! I was at a LE career fair at Camp Pendleton a few weeks ago. When I came to the LASD booth, there was a venerated Sergeant there with a K-Frame Model 64/67 with Goncalo Alves Targets in a Safety Speed breakfront in Black Basket.

He was wearing a PR-24 and a double speedloader pouch along with a single handcuff pouch.

If I go back into LE after the Corps, I would carry my 627-5, 686-6 Plus or any of my modernized .38/.357 K-Frames. I don't feel under-armed with a revolver.

I will admit that 80 rounds in your possession feels comforting, but I prefer the revolver to the pistol. That said, I remain current with SIGs, S&Ws, GLOCKs, Berettas and 1911s.

If I were to carry the K-Frames, I would use the new old stock Hume H900 holsters and have Tex Shoemaker make me their Triple Threat speedloader carrier for three COMP III or K-Frame JET loaders. They are in my experience as fast or faster than reloading a pistol...Provided you practice, practice, practice.

My favorite HD/SD load is the .38 +P Golden Saber with the Speer 135gr GDHP +P falling in behind. Plenty of oomph out of a 4-inch Service Revolver for felon repellent.

I like your revolvers, well used and purpose built.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: