View Single Post

Old 09-16-2018, 02:26 PM

Liked 1,381 Times in 581 Posts

I have the Sentry safe in the (crummy ) photo below. Have had it for about two years with zero issues - still on original batteries. You can use any of the buttons twice, unlike the Simplex style locks, so you can get the # of potential combos fairly high. Touch any button to light the key pad then put in your combo. One caveat, the gas-strut and spring combo only lifts the lid about two inches now - I have to manually open it the rest of the way. Looks to be a simple fix to remove one bolt and put in stronger spring. I wouldn't even begin to trust the finger print reader versions. And, goes without saying, something like this is to keep family members out of trouble. I imagine your typical burglar could pry it open in a few minutes. One last area of concern, the incorrect combo timer is at least five seconds - which would be an eternity if someone was beating down your door!

Edited to add: pretty sure this uses a solenoid so see warning below. It did come with two barrel keys to manually unlock it in the event of battery or solenoid failure.

Last edited by GeoJelly; 09-16-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Mention solenoid