View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
For those who, like myself (I hope) are in the lottery, here is a story, with pictures to help whet your appetites:

Best Regards, Les
Great article. Thanks for posting the link. And just look at all of them! I would take any one of them chosen at random.

It's beyond my understanding why anyone would gripe about this deal. If, indeed, they do go for as little as $850...frankly, that's chickenfeed compared to current market prices. It's obvious to me that some people who talk about what a joke this is know absolutely nothing about the CMP, the pistol itself, and the current 1911A1 market for shooters and collectors. An arsenal reworking of one of these pistols does not lessen its historical value, whether it was in WWI, WWII, Vietnam, or wherever.

It's kinda ironic to me, too, that people who turn their noses up at an arsenal rebuilt 1911A1 will fall all over themselves at the chance to buy a factory refinished/repaired S&W or Colt revolver.

Far as I'm concerned, the CMP could blindfold me and let me reach into this shipping carton and pick one sight unseen. I'd be a happy man.

The Following 5 Users Like Post: