Thread: "truck" Gun
View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 PM

Liked 103 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughD1 View Post
I am a X-Ray tech at a small rural hospital. My coworkers and I take call at night. Bringing a firearm in the hospital is grounds for termination. My partner at work is a 30 year old female. She is a petite mother of two. She has already had someone try scare her to death at two in the morning trying to get her to pull over. To those of you who believe you should not leave a gun in the car what is your suggestion for her.
I'm not one to say that someone that can't carry at work should not leave their gun in their car, but I think some extra security is warranted. Lot's of people are in this situation and the thieves know that. Just look at how many guns are stolen from cars and that number continues to rise.

This is from a customer that has to leave his gun in his car while at work. He too wants to be armed to and from work and anywhere in between he might be. He bolted his safe in the trunk of his Mustang with tamper proof hardware from McMaster Carr. He unholsters in the car and carries gun in a Bible cover to place it in the safe when he parks. By using a heavy duty lock box and bolting it in the trunk he has reduced the chance of theft significantly from the casual smash and grab in a parking lot.