Thread: M&p 10 problem
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2018, 03:16 PM

Liked 803 Times in 419 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthwssonshootr View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I forgot to post what mags I use, though I didn’t think the mags would’ve had anything to do with it. I have two mag pull 20 rd mags and 4 magpul 25 round mags. It does it with all the mags. I can’t seem to find a good steel mag that fits the M&p 10. For example, I bought a 20 round aluminum mag (can’t remmeber what brand) that said it was the type that my gun takes SR25 or lr308 pretty sure I was told they take both but I know the magpul I have are the same type that came with it) and it didn’t fit, but the magbpuls are the same and they fit. Plus the mag I bought had a bad follower as it stuck when I’d attempt to load it before I realized it didn’t fit. My funds are limited right now which is why I WANT the cheap ammo to work (which supposedly it eventually will) but even the 17.99 Winchester and remington soft point ammo that works at first eventually starts malfunctioning too... of course this is after I tried the cheaper 15.00 a box perfecta and federal 7.62.. then after going home and cleaning it and going back to the range the 17 a box stuff works great again until I try something else that ends up not working. If I knew it take the defensive ammo I bought for it then I’d be happy, but I like a gun that I have options on what I can use.

As far as a possible burr on the magazine, would this likely be the case even if it does it on all 6 of the mags I have for it? All 6, as I said, are mag pul (again, 2 20 rounders and 4 25) and thy all do it. I’d think if it was a defect I. The magazine it wouldn’t be for every mag of that brand, though hopefully you will correct me if I’m wrong on that. One person that looked at it (an AR tech that looked at it for free so it wasn’t inspect3d just a once over kind of thing) said I could have a burr in the barrel or chamber itself, which if that’s the case that’d be some5ing S&W would need to fix. Thanks again for your reply.

PS: hilltop... that sounds like Va?
sorry, I just saw your post, and realized that you have sent it in, and it is now awaiting return shipping... did they happen to say what they found?? they don't always