View Single Post

Old 09-23-2018, 12:26 AM

Liked 4,916 Times in 1,705 Posts

...I wonder how well the new generation 147s are really doing on the street...and how many agencies are carrying them. Even the military is staying with 9mm and eliminating all other handgun rounds...

One thing that has not been mentioned is the selection of the 9mm, regardless of bullet/velocity, isn't considered "the best" when compared ballistically to other calibers but is "the best all-around" when it comes to training, cost, longevity of the weapons, ability of the average officer to shoot well, magazine capacity, wide selection, etc. and the round "adequate" to get the job done {most of the time}. The primary word being "adequate" not "the best".

Will the 9mm 147 get the job done....if you believe that the .38 Special 158 LSC +P does then yes, as they deliver about the same energy to the target... And yes there are differences between the rounds/bullets but they are close...

The reason I don't like the word "adequate" when it comes to defending my life is that it is one step above the word "marginal"...and the day that adequate round happens to be having a marginal day, it may cost you your life...

..and yes, I am still carrying the same .38 Super as I last posted in 2015. I have nothing against using .35 caliber guns for defense against humans...it is the impact velocity of the 147s that concerns me.

Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 09-23-2018 at 12:28 AM.