Thread: Sig P365
View Single Post

Old 09-24-2018, 09:25 AM

Liked 3,492 Times in 1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralem View Post
Well I finally shot mine and I am going to have to learn a different grip. I think I am holding the thing to tightly. Point of impact was to the left of point of aim. I called Sig customer service and the rep said he had the same problem with his. So next time out I will lighten up on the grip and see how it goes. I did adjust my aim a few degrees right and I was punching out the center of the target. It was very strange to have to aim off center to hit center......
Every time I shoot a polymer pistol, it groups a couple of inches to the left at around 25 yards. Last Friday, I shot a buddy's new M&P and the same happened. I am far from new to pistol shooting and shot bullseye for decades, as well as, several other disciplines, including PPC, double-action, with a revolver. I now have a Sig P 320 compact and a Sig P 365. I hold with a tight grip..."Tight grip=tight group!" My solution to grouping a couple of inches left was to move the rear sight to the right a little. After over 1,600 rounds through my P320 and over 1,200 round through the P 365, my groups are still centered after a sight adjustment. I think that it has something to do with my eyes or eyeglasses, but who knows? If you can hold a good group at 25 yards, I'd just move the sights. Just a tip: A sight pusher comes in handy and a little movement goes a long way. I used a pencil and shaved the lead to a fine point to make a witness mark on the slide and sight.