View Single Post

Old 09-26-2018, 12:41 AM
Banned

Liked 1,609 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi cop View Post
Although you don't mention I am guessing that you chose the 642 originally for pocket carry. So my first question is, will moving away from pocket carry cause you to leave your gun at home more often?

Remember carried but not needed is much better than needed but not carried.

Your 4" 686 is handling the job right now. You have that irresistible 66 too. Have you considered keeping the replacement 642, shooting it just enough to function test/sight it in with your carry ammo then empty the cylinder occasionally and rely on your other revolvers for range practice?

Or can you afford to have a few more carry options available to you?

If so I'd say keep the 642, buy another steel J frame and enjoy the 686 and 66 too
I can't do the 642 anymore... The aluminum frame is what killed the fun for me. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great carry gun, but I like to shoot my guns. A lot. And I'm not convinced the aluminum alloy frames can hold up. I will add that I can definitely shoot better and more accurately with the 686 than I could with the 642. A mod 66 is a K frame. Slightly smaller/lighter than the 686. And with better sights than the 642. With a 4.25' barrel it can do double duty at the range and for carry. Another revolver I have my sights on is the all steel 640 snubby 357 magnum.
The Following User Likes This Post: