View Single Post

Old 09-26-2018, 06:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVshooter View Post
Well guys/gals. I got the email from S&W. My 642 that I returned is trashed & they're sending my FFL a new replacement. I'm not impressed with aluminum alloy framed handguns therefore as soon as the little guy comes in I'm going to promptly have my FFL sell it and buy a all steel revolver.

I already own and have been carrying my 4" 686. In a sturdy DM Bullard gun belt & Galco combat master OWB holster, it carries nicely and the weight is not entirely an issue. Although it's heavy enough to let you know it's there.

A buddy of mine highly suggested that i consider a model 66 combat magnum as my new EDC. My other choice would be a mod 640. Now I live in texas and if I wanted to open carry I can. But normally what i do is tuck in a Tee shirt and wear a OWB holster over my right side at the 4:30 position and throw a short sleeved unbuttoned shirt over it.

I'm leaning hard towards that mod 66... Idea's?
DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY READ ABOUT THE MANY M66s OWNED BY FORUM MEMBERS, WHO HAVE SHOT COUNTLESS ROUNDS OF HOT .357 MAG, AND .38SPL+P, WITHOUT DAMAGING THEIR REVOLVERS---THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT MANY FORCING CONES CRACK, WHEN SUBJECTED TO A STEADY DIET LIKE THAT......

TO AVOID THOSE PROBLEMS, S&W INTRODUCED THE M686, WHICH IS VERY ROBUST, AND CAN HANDLE A STEADY DIET OF THE HOTTEST .357 MAGNUM LOADS......

WITH THIS INFO, YOU CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION REGARDING YOUR CHOICE OF REVOLVER.........