Thread: New 329pd
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Liked 1,841 Times in 604 Posts

I've had three over the years. Still have two. Mine are equipped with the Hogue 500 S&W tamer grips. Shot around 9,000 rnds thru them (started keeping count after first negative event). Loads were 240gr to 265gr Jacketed/Cast at a chronoed 1,150 to 1,250 fps (Rem 240gr JFP factory chronoed 1,250 fps). My primary carry gun (all day every day) for the better part of a decade. Still carry one when bow hunting elk in high country. Always considered the 329 to be a primary defensive gun. For this reason, always liked the "V" notch rear and fiber optic front.

With that said, these are very specialized pieces of equipment. If shot a lot with loads equaling the above, they will require frequent trips back to the mother ship. If primary use is .44 special equiv and occasional .44 mag, then maint/repair frequency probably a non issue.

I'm a fan, but don't try to make it more than it was designed to be -- short range, up close and personal, light weight carry gun. Have run 300gr+ over max charge(s) of 110/295 -- not for continued use, but doable.

Continued shooting of hi intensity loads will wear on the anatomy, so proceed with caution.

Light weight, V notch rear, fiber optic front, and heavy recoil are not real conducive to precision accuracy. Here's a 30 round group I shot at 25 yds offhand when I was shooting them a lot. 19.3 gr A2400, 240gr Rem JHP.

One of my carry guns:

Been carrying it the last 3 weekends bow hunting elk here in MT.

Paul
The Following 8 Users Like Post: