View Single Post

Old 09-27-2018, 08:57 PM

Liked 3,665 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
Some may consider this sacrilege, but here goes. I have a couple of very nice M27-2s among numerous other S&Ws. The M27s are beautiful examples of S&W craftsmanship. But the best trigger of any S&W I have is on a Highway Patrolman (probably early 1955).

I bought the HP maybe ten years ago so I don't know if it came from the factory with such a trigger, or if decades of shooting smoothed it out, or if somewhere along the line an ace pistolsmith did an action job on it.

I have never handled, dry fired, or live fired an RM, but I can't imagine how its trigger could be better than the one on my lowly HP. Now if I can just keep from getting kicked out of the forum for having the audacity to compare an HP to an RM.
The HP is the M27. Its basically the less expensive version without the checkering and high polished blue.

As for comparing it to the RM, I think you would be very surprised. The pre war stuff is just on another level, especially the RM.

I love post war S&W's too and own more of those than I do pre war. However, it is what it is.

The only revolvers I own that measure up to the smoothest of my RM’s are a couple vintage Korth Combats.

Last edited by bc1023; 09-27-2018 at 09:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: