View Single Post

Old 09-28-2018, 08:47 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
I am seeing Model 59's in good to fair condition at $350 to as high as $600 for a 59 in mint condition. I have been thinking about getting one in very good condition if I can find one for under $400. Is this fair market value for a model 59 in very good condition?
It sounds to me like you have done your homework and done it well. I would say that your own market research should be telling you whether or not you can find an acceptable condition Model 59 that will fit your needs for under $400.

I've said before that in my experience there tend to be two paths for these old Model 59 pistols with little in-between: You get the beat-up beaters and you get the pristine safe queens. I rarely, if ever, see anything solidly in-between those two extremes as I commonly do with 3rd Gens and 2nd Gens.

I'm not in the market for a Model 59. I have one... a safe queen that I will never sell. But if I did decide to buy another one (a shooter?), I would certainly not hold myself to a particular hard dollar amount. Acceptable condition in all respects would come first... then whatever it would take, it would take.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: