View Single Post

Old 09-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Liked 153 Times in 53 Posts

OK, first thanks for all the info and ideas. I checked the primers from the cases of the three bullets that I pulled and I'm confident that I am seating my primers properly. I also checked the chronograph results and found the last ten shot string of rounds loaded with the CCI 350 primers shows an extreme spread of only 47 and std. devotion of 14.8. I think this is well within what would be considered nominal results. In fact all the strings from all the rounds tested have a spread of less than 100 which from my past experience seems pretty good. The CCI 350 magnum primers have proved different/hotter than the federal and maybe other standard primers, which after checking, are what is recommended for these loads by all three loading data referenced. I think the best idea is to try increasing the load by a grain an see if it's the combination of magnum primer and low powder charge that is causing the issue. I will also try CCI 300 primers and maybe just use Federal primers (If I can find more of them) if I want to use this starting/lowest load listed.